What could be romantic that hot, warm, delish fondue. You can have it for dinner or dessert, or for BOTH! Here is a great recipe for cheese fondue. Dip it with bread, meat, fruit whatever you would like. Enjoy! The best part of this recipe is that there is champange in it! How appropriate for Valentine's Day!
- 4 teaspoons of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups dry champagne (brut)
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 2 cups coarsely grated gruyere cheese (about 7 ounces)
- 1 1/3 cups coarsely grated emmenthaler cheese (about 5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup diced rindlessbrie cheese or 1/2 cup camembert cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 french-bread baguette, crust left on,bread cut into 1 inch cubes
Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
- Stir cornstarch and lemon juice in small bowl until cornstarch dissolves; set aside.
- Combine Champagne and shallot in fondue pot or heavy medium saucepan; simmer over medium heat 2 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat.
- Add all cheeses and stir to combine.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture.
- Return fondue pot to medium heat and stir until cheeses are melted and smooth and fondue thickens and boils, about 12 minutes.
- Season fondue with nutmeg and white pepper.
- Place over candle or canned heat burner to keep warm.
- Serve with bread cubes.
Image from goodle images - click for an additional recipe
Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/three-cheese-fondue-with-champagne-45182#ixzz1Du5NdSyq