This fun puffy heart craft project is perfect for the classroom setting. Few supplies are needed and it can be altered for younger age groups.
Be sure to try more of our Valentine crafts and our other Valentine’s Day activitiy ideas.
What you'll need:
- Pink and white tissue paper, cut into 1” squares
- White craft glue
- Piece of card stock or construction paper
- Pencil with an eraser
How to make it:
- Cut out a heart shape from the construction paper or card stock.
- Put white craft glue into the center of the heart, shaped like a heart.
- Using the eraser end of a pencil, place the eraser into the center of a white tissue paper square. Twist the tissue paper square around the eraser and dot it onto the glue. Continue this process until entire middle of the heart is covered with white tissue paper. See photo.
- Repeat the process from step #3 with pink tissue paper for the border of the heart.
- Glue a hanger to the back if you like.
- For younger kids who have trouble working the pencil steps, allow them to wad up the tissue paper squares and press them directly onto the glue with their fingers.
- Instead of a hanger, try gluing a magnet strip to the back and hang on your fridge!
- Always saved the tissue paper from birthday gifts for craft projects like these.