Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 3, 2011

DIY Thursday - Valentine's Mailboxes

Hi Everyone!!!
For those of you that might not know, I teach during the day.  With Valentine's Day comes the need for valentine mailboxes.  We all have used the traditional lunch sack or show box.  But then I came across this...

                        




SO CUTE RIGHT!!!! 
Didn't The Crafting Chicks do a great job!!!  I am in love!!!
OK...here are the directions.  They are easy enough to make on a weekend, or a snowday for some of you guys getting hit hard with storms!


Ok as told by The Crafty Chicks....

All you need for to make these darling mailboxes are:
-A mini mailbox of some sort. 
-Fun scrapbook paper.  I wanted to use something that wasn’t really Valentiney so that I could use them all the time.
-A  monogram or other supplies to add your childs name.
-Mod Podge
First, I traced and cut my paper to fit on my mailbox and each of the lids.  The tricky part was cutting around the flag.  I just kind- of measured where the flag would go and made a little notch.  It doesn’t have to be perfect, the flag will cover some of it.  :)
Next, I used Mod Podge to stick my paper onto my mailbox and used Mod Podge on the areas with paper as well.  Last, I added a cute little digi- scrapped tag with my little ones beautiful faces and names on it.  I Mod Podged that on too.  I added some ribbon on one of the lids and I was done.

Easy...yes.  Adorable...yes.  Want to make it this weekend...yes!!!
Enjoy and check out the entire post!
Nite,
Serena

No comments:

Post a Comment