Sunday Recipe Time!!!
Today I was lucky enough to be able to throw a monkey themed shower for a Mom to be with a little baby boy! So, needless to say, I had fun with this theme! We had banana runts ( mini bananas! ), monkey cookies, a banana split bar and of course MONKEY BREAD!!! So, here is the recipe. I did not make mine, I had the wonderful Melissa with Decadant Delights make it for me. It was so pretty and delish!
So, have fun baking and enjoy your week!
4 cans refrigerated biscuits1 cup packed brown sugar 1 1/2 sticks butter (3/4 cup)1/2 cup white sugar 2 Tablespoons cinnamon 1/2 cup raisins (these are optional, it's great with or without them)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9-10 inch tube pan.
2. Mix white sugar and cinnamon in a medium sized plastic bag. Cut the biscuits into halves or quarters and place six to eight biscuit pieces in the sugar cinnamon mix. Shake well.
3. Arrange pieces in the bottom of the greased pan. Continue layering until all the biscuit pieces are coated and in the pan. If you are using raisins, place them among the biscuit pieces as you are layering.
4. In a small saucepan, melt the butter with the brown sugar over medium heat. Boil for 1 minute. Pour over the layered biscuits.
5. Bake for 35 minutes. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a plate. Pull apart and enjoy!
1/2 pound cream cheese1/2 pound butter1 pound powdered sugar1 teaspoon vanilla extract1 teaspoon lemon juice
1.Allow cream cheese and butter to get to room temperature.
2. Beat butter and cream cheese together in a large bowl with a mixer.
3. Slowly add in the pound of powdered sugar.
4. After all the powdered sugar is added mix for 12 minutes (do not mix less than that).
5. When almost done, add in the extract and lemon juice.
Thanks http://www.momswhothink.com/easy-recipes/monkey-bread-recipe.html for the recipe!